I needed a 64-bit version of HDF5 and NetCDF4, here’s how you get that going on Mac OS X 10.6.
- Download the and uncompress the static HDF5 1.8.6 binaries.
- Download the and uncompress the NetCDF 4.1.2 source.
- Get rid of all of the .la files in the HDF5 libs folder.
- From the command line, set the following environmental variables,
export CC='gcc' CFLAGS='-g -m64' CFLAGS='-g -m64' CXXFLAGS='-g -m64' HDF5DIR='/path/to/hdf5/folder' LIBS='-lsz' LDFLAGS='-L/path/to/hdf5/folder/lib'You will obviously have to use the true path to the folder.
- Make sure you’re in the NetCDF folder and run the following,
./configure --disable-f77 --disable-f90 --target=x86_64-apple-darwin -build=x86_64-apple-darwin --host=x86_64-apple-darwin --with-hdf5=$HDF5DIR --with-zlib=$HDF5DIR --with-szlib=$HDF5DIR --enable-shared
make check and everything worked well. I just wanted the resulting libraries, which can be found in
liblib/.libs/, but I’m sure you can do a
make install if you actually want to install the libraries.